Start Care Pathway

Select a Diagnosis

About our Care Pathway

Our online Care Pathways tool describes the journey a person will take once a diagnosis has been made and the anticipated care provided for by our services, within an appropriate time frame that has been written and agreed by a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, doctors, consultants and service users.

The pathways are underpinned by high quality research and agreed best practice standards that are measurable at each stage of the patient journey.

How to use our Care Pathway

The tool is easy to use. Simply click on the disorder that has been recognised or diagnosed, choose the type of disorder, and if appropriate, select the severity of the condition. The user will then be routed through the interventions and treatments that our services will be anticipated to provide. Guidance here is not intended to replace individualised assessment or personalised treatment plans for people using our services.

We provide Care Pathways for the following five disorders:

  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Personality Disorder
  • Psychosis
  • Anxiety

Click on ‘Review Diagnosis’ to re-start the care pathway, choosing a different disorder, type or severity as appropriate.

In order to ensure that the treatment and care we provide is effective, we use disorder specific outcomes tools. These tools make it possible for us to assess the extent to which a person has changed during the time they have been receiving a service.

Our Care Pathways articulate the care and treatment for approximately 80% of the people we see. The remaining 20% of people may present with complex or unique needs that the various pathways are not appropriate for.